VLA focuses on working with growth companies and their senior management teams over the long term. Presently, our clients range from recently established startups engaged in renewable energy ventures (including distributed solar, centralized co-generation, and feedstock developers), to software developers and medical device companies to more mature traditional businesses.
Typically we represent our clients as outside general counsel; however, we are open to all opportunities and relationships that will meet our clients’ needs. Unlike many traditional firms, we structure our fee arrangements based upon our clients’ size and the scope of work.
Venture Law Advisors provides clients with strategic and timely legal and business expertise, guidance and oversight on the following:
- Strategic business and legal planning
- Business structuring, including:
- Choice of entity and entity formation;
- Initial capital structure; and
- Founders’ arrangements and agreements.
- Shareholder, partnership and limited liability company (LLC) operating agreements
- Renewable energy finance and project agreements
- Power purchase agreements
- Off-take agreements
- Feedstock supply agreements
- Responses to RFPs
- Board of Director/Advisory Board assistance
- Coordination of outside law firm services
- Employee confidentiality and third party nondisclosure agreements (NDAs)
- Supplier, distributor, licensing and other strategic relationships
- Acquisition, sale, merger, and buy-out negotiation and counsel, including preparation for initial public offering or acquisition
- Commercial transaction agreements, including leasing, construction, and other corporate contracts and agreements
- Private placement offering documentation
- Venture capital negotiation and transaction documentation